What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my new cp starter kit from eg

biggrin.gif
Yay...it finally arrived!!! I received my CP starter kit from Exotic Gardens yesterday and I spent the afternoon getting my new Carnivorous plants all set up in the terrarium that I had waiting for them - I carefully unpacked them and read the care info several times for each plant...I have been doing a lot of reading and research on CPs for the last few weeks so I had a pretty good idea what I was going to do with them when they arrived.I watered them and set the Sarreceina,Drosera,Pinguicula and VFT in 1/4th inch of water and I have left the plastic cups on - the plants are in a twenty gallon terrarium that receives a lot of filtered light and I am maintaining the temp at about 76-78 degrees.the terrarium is covered with small amount open to allow some airflow.I personally find the Sun dew to be the most fascinating...it looks like a pristine little jewel that gleams in the light...I love it.I am very pleased with the condition of the plants that I received from Exotic Gardens..they looked like they were packed very, very carefully and I had NO dead leaves or any damage at all to my new plants...they were in excellent condition
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif

So I have now officially begun in the CP hobby!!! I am so excited..I have SOOOO much to learn about these plants...they are really a trip!!!!
wow.gif

smile.gif
alien.gif
The Evil Spider Hunter

Nice!

Welcome to CP's anonymous!

Seriously, though, that's cool. You're gonna have a ton of fun with these suckers. Good luck!

Welcome and I love the name
rolleyes.gif

I am glad you are captivated by the sundew. They are my favorites--the jewels of the CP world.
smile.gif

I hope you enjoy your new addiction--i mean--hobby.
biggrin.gif

If your plants are in a terrarium that's semi-covered, you don't need to leave the plastic cups on top. They might get moldy without air circulation and it can be a little cramping...especially for the sarracenia. I have 2 20-gallon tanks and all the plants are in open pots.

Lets see....I wonder what you'll get next..... lol

suzanne

Back