What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got my first CP today

well after some time of gathering supplies and preparing i finally decided today was the day.

i went out to lowes, i was looking for a drosera of some sort(maybe a capensis or a adelae)

or maybe even possibly a tropical pitcher

i did some some searching and i found the healthiest looking Drosera they had(im guessing its a D. Adelae)

they had some normal pitchers i think they were sarrencia purplesomething

anyways

DAdelae002.jpg

DAdelae003.jpg

and where it resides today

DAdelae001.jpg

i am concered because i am not sure there is enouph light. i am using 2 aquarium lights id say about 30 watts with both and it is uncomfortable to look at so i dont know

plz tell me what you all think

Awesome! Make sure the tank has an open spot of air circulation (I think that's it in the picture), good light, and next time, don't wet the actual plant. Sundews don't like being wet like that...I think. That indeed is a D. adelae.

That's D. adelae. Keep the wrap off and let it take in the light from a window sill.

I set my adelae in a tray of water in a part sun part shade window. Yeah I would not water it from above.

how do u keep humidity up ? if u have next to a window

They don't nessesarily need high humidity. Give adelea as much light as you can and it will turn a deep red. The trick is it doesnl't like to get hot. It doesn't hurt to top water the plant. It gets rained on all the time in the wild. The thing is that you wash off the dew and the plant looks like a drown rat for a little while. The dew will come back. I top water my adelea tray all the time. I have two reserours on either end of it where there is so many roots in the tray that they spilled into the reservours and sprouted plants. Those plants get submerged in the water all the time and when I go to water again they are always covered with dew. I can give mine some more light as they are a light redish green, but the heat would catch up with them and they will do dorment/die back. Yet they always come back when it cools off. Really easy plant for me. Good luck.

Back