What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got cp seeds

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I went to a Nursery today and I bought some Mixed Pitcher Plant seeds.It says its Sarracenia purpurea Species Mixed.It tells you how to grow it on the back,but it says:stand the pots in a saucer of water constantly.They are 'marshy' subjects and enjoy moist conditions the whole time.It doesn't once mention that the water has to be distilled or RO water.I think that's wrong!Another thing,what does 'marshy' mean?Has anyone ever bought any CP seeds from a nursery?And if so,did it say that the water has to be distilled or RO?I'm just curious.The makers of these seeds are called "Plants of Distinction".Thanks  
smile.gif
 ~Niki~

Oh one more thing,it also doesn't say what kind of medium to use.Where it says where to sow it says:Thinly in 4" pots in a propagator just pressing the seed into the surface.What does propagator mean?Thanks
smile.gif

It doesn't matter if it's distilled or ro, either one works. For the medium, you could use a 2:2 peatmoss/perlite. A progator could just be a dome over the pot or even those chinese take out trays that comes with a lid. Also sarrencia seeds need at least 4-6 weeks of strafication.

PiranhaPlant: I KNOW that either type of water works,I'm just saying that most beginner CPer's don't so they should specify that on the back of the package.That's another thing they didn't mention,the 4-6 weeks cold stratification! I think these are important things that need to be put on the back of the package so people know what they're getting into.Thanks CNCreefer
smile.gif
Do they seeds HAVE to be stratified?Thanks guys
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~

Back