What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got 2 new apple snails today!

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Well today (ok last night) I went to the lfs and I traded some of my extra hornwort,myriohillium,and nymphoides for 2 apple snails! They are 2+ inches wide! They are so cool!

wow! those are HUGE! congrats! With some luck, you'll get a ton of little baby snails all over your tank, thy can get to be a nuicence sometimes, but they're cool
biggrin.gif

They had ones that were 3 1\2 inches long,but they werent very active.and they won`t have babys all over the place unless you have a male and a female one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pond boy @ Sep. 28 2003,12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They had ones that were 3 1\2 inches long,but they werent very active.and they won`t have babys all over the place unless you have a male and a female one.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Thats why i said 'with a little luck' Just wondering, is it possible to sex a snail?
confused.gif
tounge.gif

wow.gif

cool , i hoep they do breed because they are very import in ecology , but i don't know about the nuisance thing
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Back