What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good fan for cooling a greenhouse?

Hello,

As summer approaches, I am in need of a way to cool my new greenhouse. I've done some research, and, with the help of some (hopefully) experienced employees of a local hydroponics store, have already determined what method would be best; two fans, one on each side of my greenhouse; one blowing in, one blowing out. (I live in Humboldt County, where there is already high humidity and the average outside temperature during the summer is in the 60's/70's) It is a 6 x 8, and I'm pretty sure it is Harbor Freight.

Does anyone here have experience with greenhouse fans? I'm looking at <a href="http://www.hydroasis.com/hy/productdetail.aspx?id=424&product=240-cfm-axial-fan"> This fan</a>, but I'm not sure if it is powerful enough.

hey good luck I have the same 6x8 from harbor freight check with them they might have the fan I have.
This fans made for this greenhouse and it comes with two solar panels and thermostatic control and of course the fan comes with it.
be prepared to go and buy the rechargeable battery for it though and its like 200$
but hey its solar powered :) is produces the most energy when you need it the most.

94519.gif

here is the link to the product on there site.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94519

huh this thread when I click new posts says it has zero replies and you were the last too post yet I can see the link and pic I posted above.
can anyone else see this?

---------------------------------------------------
Never mind

I saw that system, but that is just one fan. From the picture, it also looks like it is intended to be used for air circulation inside rather than drawing air from the outside. I need two fans to efficiently draw air from the outside environment.

I forgot to mention that my greenhouse is Highland.

you cna probably cut a hole in the side of the greenhouses panel so that the fan can draw in fresh air or turn the fan around so it blows the warm air out of the greenhouse.
you cna also mount it higher up where its warmer.

I'm cheap I'd burey a underground rated 12 volt 10 amp or so rated cable that it attached to the appropiate Transformer then the other end to a swith then the fan or I'd wire it 110 maybe. That would save you some money the simple methode is the 110 but have some electric knowledge first if you screw up things can smoke and go hot(I found out the "fun" way)

I'm cheap I'd burey a underground rated 12 volt 10 amp or so rated cable that it attached to the appropiate Transformer then the other end to a swith then the fan or I'd wire it 110 maybe. That would save you some money the simple methode is the 110 but have some electric knowledge first if you screw up things can smoke and go hot(I found out the "fun" way)

Do you think that two of <a href="http://www.hydroasis.com/hy/productdetail.aspx?id=424&product=240-cfm-axial-fan/gbase/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=240%20CFM%20Axial%20Fan&utm_campaign=gbase_master"> theses fans </a> would do the trick? I don't really need advice on how to do it, I've pretty much got that figured out. I just need to know what fans to use that will be effective at a cheap price.

Back