What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GOOD CP BOOKS

Hi All,
I have the book "Savage Garden" but I was wondering if there are more good CP books out there to get.
Thanks in advance,
Mark Wilson

Carnivorous Plants of United States and Canada by Don Scnell is one of the best books about cp's in the wild. It's full of stories about natural cp sites.
It has a very sobering chapter about conservation.
I highly recommend this book.

Charles Clarke's Nepenthes of Borneo and Nepenthes of Sumatra and Peninsular Malaysia are top notch if your interested in Nepenthes.

Tony

Both of Adrian Slack's books are fairly reliable.

Any of Allen Lowrie's books as well as Bruce Salmon's Carnivorous Plants of New Zealand.

Brian

I saw one entitled, "Carnivorous Plants Of The World ." Can't remember the author, though. saw it at a Borders in Cheektowaga, New York (suburb of Buffalo) Also read through something called Carnivorous Plants OF North America at a Barnes & Noble in Reading, PA. Again, don't know the author, but as long as you have a title you can do a search.

Carnivorous Plants by Tony Camilleri is also a good all around book.

Jerry

Cp's of the world is by James Petrapaulo the owner of the "bad" nursury Peter Pauls. I personally find the book good in some parts where info is accurate but bad in others where old unused latin names are supposedly "correct" in todays lingo. For example S. purpurea gibbosa is now referred to as S. purpurea spp. purpurea.

I would also up Neps of Borneo and Neps of Sumatra and Penn. Malaysia. I'm getting Neps of Borneo for my b-day.
smile.gif

Back