What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GONG XI FA CAI!!!

• Thread starter Cindy
  • Start date

Cindy

Staff member
...for $19.80. Ask for 10% off. I bought one for the new year...hehehe...
laugh.gif
unknown_FEFnep3.jpg

I'm no expert at neps, but a few months back, FEF at Ridout park used to have something like that. They named it N gentles and it was priced at $98;
At $19.80 is really cheap, how many pots are there left?

Since you are on the Gong Xi Fa Cai topic, there was a piece on channel 5 news about the plants available for Chinese new year. Apart from the usual like money plants and the others whose name I don't know, there were 2 new plants in the KL florist shops. One was a huge red pumpkin, the second was a red pitcher plant. It looked like ampullaria to me although they only showed a picture for a second or two. So if anyone is going to Malaysia for the new year be on the look out at the florists and garden centres!!
Happy growing, Neil.

vistary, there are about 5-6 more. They are together with the CNY mandarin orange plants. The other neps are pathetic with browning pitchers and still selling for the exorbitant price!

Ah, that's the N. mixta 'superba' I have. Looks like FEF has a lot of stock to reduce the price so drastically.

I just got mine from FEF Ridout Park... It has four mature pitchers about 12cm in height... there are about 5 pots left of which only one pot does not have browning pitchers... at $17.80, its really a great buy.
GONG XI FA CAI to everyone!!!
tounge.gif

If anyone is going there soon and they still have some could you buy one for me and when I return from England end January I'll arrange to collect it. Don't worry if 2 people buy one for me, I'll still buy them.
I've had a pot with similar pitchers,....I think they look great with those great big red pouting lips!!!!
By the way, where is FEF Rideout Park? I've never been there before?
Happy growing, Neil

It's at Queenstown...where the McDonalds is.

hi!
im in KL now but i think its too late to get pitcher plants ...
sad.gif
, all the shops will be closed for CNY, im happy with my mysterious BLACK pitcher nep
i saw those at rideout park, they look the same as the one i bought for 12.50 in the orchid fest only that the pitchers are bigger

wezx, they're the same ones. What black nepenthes is this? Sanguinea?

im not sure of the species, ill try to post a pic soon, it looks a bit like the unknown nep that Cindy posted but its black.
speaking about FEF, today i dropped by FEF thompson and saw some still healthy sarracenias, one flowered but the flower stalk was broken so you might not be able to see it...

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back