What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to FL

I'm heading to Cocoa Beach in 3 weeks. Any chance of finding some CP sites near there? Ofcourse seeing something growing would be nice. Or anyone near there that has a nice collection they would like to show off? Any nice nurseries I could pick up a few souvenirs from?

I'll be there from the March 12th-19th.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Feb. 17 2006,12:04)]I'm heading to Cocoa Beach in 3 weeks. Any chance of finding some CP sites near there? Ofcourse seeing something growing would be nice. Or anyone near there that has a nice collection they would like to show off? Any nice nurseries I could pick up a few souvenirs from?

I'll be there from the March 12th-19th.
Welcome in advance to Florida.
No scrapping snow off you car.
No snow tires or chains for them.
No driving down the highway and hitting patches of ice.
Also no natural habitats and no real natives left. Those born in Florida get pushed out by people moving in.

smile.gif

You are about 150 miles north of me. So I don't know if there are any nurseries in that area, there are a couple of them by me. I have a pathetic small recently collection eaten by my cat collection that I will not show due to the shear shame and embarresment of it all. Would you like to take the cat and wife back up north with you? Never mind I digress.

As far as native growing in the wild CPs, my recommendation is to find out if the preserve around the Cape (Canaveral/Kennedy) has any. Finding wild CPs in Florida is like finding.........a native floridian, very rare indeed. Also they are likely to be protected by Florida crackers with shotguns.

I use to live in Merritt Island, so I am somewhat familar with the area but I haven't lived there in a few years and things may have changed.

Also I need to check my calander and see if it tourist season and what the bag limit is.
smile.gif

There may be others who live a bit closer and maybe they can speak up, because it looks like I am going to be in Chicago while you are here. Work work work.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Would you like to take the cat and wife back up north with you?
Cat, No. Wife, does she come with the lawn mower?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also I need to check my calander and see if it tourist season and what the bag limit is.
I shoot back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There may be others who live a bit closer and maybe they can speak up, because it looks like I am going to be in Chicago while you are here.

Lol, so you'll be about 150 miles south of me.

Make sure you have some real pizza while you're in Chicago, because I know they don't have it in Florida. I highly recommend My Pie (the word Pie is actually the symbol for pi).

Nope, we don't have real pizza here, but ma tells me she's been ahearing we'all gonna be gettin running water and that fancy indoor toilet real soon. By the way what are these durn shoe things you yankees keep atalkin about? I reckon I'm gonna be agettin me a pair of them too. Shucks, pretty soon I might even get citified.

Back