What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going away for 4 days (till friday)

I have given it plenty of water - Is there anything else I should know? Should I put it in sun - put it in shade? I DON'T KNOW!

When you see this can you PLEASE reply because I've gotta go in about...................10 MINS!
biggrin.gif
So please reply - QUICK!
sad.gif

Fill the trays or saucers the pots are in with water as close to 1 inch as possible. This would be for 3 inch pots or larger. Do not place the plants in direct sunlight as this will cause the water to evaporate and possibly dry up while you are gone. I place mine behind a bamboo shade when I plan on being gone for a few days. This way they still get light, but its filtered and not harsh.

Hi I'm back - My vft is great - Nearly all the traps are open again also I tried getting the exoskeletons out - It was hard! One snapped shut - Whoops!

I have an idea that I havn't tried but would be cool;

What if you got one of those crickets you can get and tie a thin piece of string around it. then place it in the trap and it should close - Then when digested pull it out with the string!
Do you think it will work?
biggrin.gif

Back