When you ask questions it helps a ton if you can give as many specifics about the growing conditions as you can think of.
What are they potted in?
What are the temperature ranges day and night?
What kind of water are you using and how are you applying it?
What kind of light and how bright?
Have you changed any cultural practices recently or done anything differently?
* pot(waterproof tray)
*cool n humid in the house, n I keep my vft by the window.(morning sun cool~evening sun HOT~afternoon sun gets calmly cool...
* I'm using drinking water to spray em' n pour plenty of water in the roots in the mornig only..... Later when the sun's hot, I moist them with my spray thingie
* I'm not using any lamps... only sun, I often open my window for cool air.
* N I fed em' small moths, mosquito, a weird bug, and a fly for different traps/mouths..
*Hmmm... Did I water them too much?
ok.. lets start with the basics.
1. Use ONLY distilled, reverse osmosis, or rain water. Drinking water contains salt and other dissolved minerals which are BAD BAD for cp's.
2. Read the FAQ pages on Flytraps: FAQ Pages
3. Read the PFT care sheet for VFTs: PFT care sheet
4. Read the care sheet pinned at the top of this forum.
when you say drinking water, do you mean tap water? if so i'd say that's one of your problems. try distilled, rain, or reverse osmosis filtered water. also, it kind of sounds like you may be watering too much, just put the pots in a shallow tray of water, about an inch or so of water. then when the water dries out, then add a little more. you don't really need to spray either if you use the tray method of watering, the natural evaporation of the water should take care of humidity. hope this helps!!
thanks guys.... Then is this water ok? How about me using the water from the fridge? You know, the kinda water you can drink? The fridge filters it. That ok? CAUSE I don't know what distilled or osmosis mean n rain is rare here
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (not_wanting2go @ Sep. 02 2003,6:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thanks guys.... Then is this water ok? How about me using the water from the fridge? You know, the kinda water you can drink? The fridge filters it. That ok? CAUSE I don't know what distilled or osmosis mean n rain is rare here[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
No. Go to the grocery store and buy "Distilled water" should get it for anywhere from $ .70- 1.00 a gallon. Make sure it says Distilled. Distilled water is what you get when you boil water and condense the steam back into water. VFTs need pure water, free of any disolved minerals. Drinking water/ spring water, carbon filtered water ect ect does not remove those toxic minerals. Use Distilled, Reverse Osmosis, or Rain or be prepared for your plants to meet an early demise.