What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Girls with big butts and hairy legs ...

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
what more could you ask for? heh

Fluffy

2d4790b1.jpg

Hairy-et

Grammostolasm.jpg

big girls.. What's the matter, the Brachy too itchy to handle? :lol:

Amazing tarantulas I love the first one!

big girls.. What's the matter, the Brachy too itchy to handle? :lol:

Actually used to handle a Brachy I had several years ago as well as a friend's way back in the university days of yesteryear. Never had a problem with the 'itchies'. Fluffy, however, ihas proven to be a major flicker (at least up to this point) and I hate having T's with a bald spot on their rump. :nono:

the only time my brachy ever tried to flick hairs was when i tried to feed it a mouse too large

(silly docile T, its not half your size!)

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

3 year old chilean rose.
winterinstallment103.jpg

Tarantulas dont have much venom, do they? Have you ever been bitten by one of your girls?

Tarantulas dont have much venom, do they? Have you ever been bitten by one of your girls?

The strength of T venom varies. However, there are no verified deaths attributed to T's. A T bite can be painful.

Not getting bitten by a T is largely a matter of knowing your T. Some species are extremely defensive and so one should never attempt to hold them. Other species tend to be very docile and those can be held though for the T's safety it is generally better not to do so. Also. Ts give fair warning as to their "mood".

Never been bitten by mine. But that said I rarely handle mine and mine are the more docile species.

Back