What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost mantis mating

I just received my female ghost a day ago. I have a male that just turned adult a few days ago. I probably should have waited, but I thought what the heck, let's see what happens when I put them together. I put the female on the stick, then I held the male behind her. He climbed on, she tried to shake him off but couldn't. After about a half hour of him just clinging, they finally connected. :)

5003019974_6d44d2f26b_b.jpg

now the male is toast at the end of the session, correct?

Cool a brown female, mine is green and many pics I've seen of female ghosts are green.

If they separated and Larry pulled the male after they finish he should be OK but males don't live too long compared to females - a couple months compared to over a year for the females. I left mine together and after a week or so all I found left of the male was a big pile of poo (him) and a pair of wings! LOL

Such crazymazing looking mantids.

So after 4 hours, I saw him detach, then he flew onto my face:0o: Guess he was in a hurry to escape.

Lol...a valid reason to [do it] and run :lol:

"SHE GON' EAT ME!!"

I saw him detach, then he flew onto my face

Even though I love 'em I'm sure I'd scream like a little girl!

:-))

Man! Don't wipe THAT on my face, dude!

That's just RUDE!

Back