What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting plants/animals into Ireland

So I'm thinking about moving away from this country that spends so much money talking about steroids in baseball and not doing things to make it better. Plus they are the makers of the best beer ever: Guinness! So I have all thses plants and animals. Would I be able to get them in with me? How would I do it?

it would be very tricky. for the plants you would need phytosanitary documents and a bunch more permits...costing a fortune. for the animals you would probably need shots and stuff... not to mention plane fares.

Alex

Baseball, yeh that was ridiculos. Waste of time that could be on something important to the nation.

It depends. I dont know what plants you want to take but I know that some plants, conifers for example, cannot be brought across at all because of pests (pine wilt nematode) and stuff, quarantine at best is what awaits. It depends on the plant group in question, you should look up each group individually.

For pets, I know that in the UK, you can find people who, for a price, will manage everything for you, and believe me, it's worth it. I suspect Ireland will have a similar setup, as it's also part of the EU.

You can drop them off at my house,,, I live on your way there.

You can drop them off at my house,,, I live on your way there.

Oh yeah that seems like it would work for you. But I'm not sure that's a stop on the way. I was looking for more of a direct flight.

Anyways, it would just be my snake, rabbit, about 5 parakeets, and for plants just my tropicals dews, neps, cephs, and my heli. I'm sure I can find out the garden types there.

I agree there are some stupid things that the politicians will do here, but this is the greatest country on Earth to live in. No offense to those in other countries. :) I'm just saying if you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence you will probably be mistaken. But hey if that's what you wanna do good luck.

I'll take your snake.:welcome:

Maybe you can become as famous as St. Patrick by taking the snakes back to Ireland. By the way, while Guinness beats every other heavily-marketed "national identity" beer I can think of (Bud, Corona, Bass, Heineken, etc.), that doesn't mean Ireland makes the best beer. Not as long as Belgium (or serious, Belgian style brewers) continues to exist.

If I was to ever leave the US, I would go to Belgium, it's a great country. The people there are the nicest I've ever seen any other country.

its cause your tourism is putting money in their pockets!

haha

Belgium, it's a great country.

Even though it doesn't want to be a country... one country anyways. My money is on Belgium as the next European country to split.

They can't agree about which half gets Brussels, so they'll stay together. Maybe if they agree that whoever gets Brussels also has to take Brussels sprouts, it'll be an easier sacrifice to make.

If I was to ever leave the US, I would go to Belgium, it's a great country. The people there are the nicest I've ever seen any other country.

And there sports matters really are of importance to the nation. When British soccer hooligans take over the entire country (yes, it's happened before,) it's everyone's problem! lol

heh if you go to Europe to escape sports matters here prepare to be disappointed is what your saying, LOL

Guinness is the best hands down. But yeah it's not that I don't sports it's like why do they have to waste tax payers money talking about it. We all know he did it.

I think you're biased towards Guinness, Mr. Murphy. I'm not sure why, but I have a hunch that if I look past your name and that shamrock, there will be a clue that explains the connection. You don't happen to hold a world record do you?

Nope no world record here. But maybe I should. I've always wondered why is the Guinness book of records. But another thing is i tried the other beers around here like miller and all that and they are so nasty I almost throw up just by smelling them but Guinness I don't. That's why I got so good at beer pong, so I don't have to drink that stuff. I'm sure there are some other good beers out there but there's just so many, where would I start?

Back