What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting paint off of plants

Hello everyone.

I just noticed this today, but my banana plant and 3 neps that I have in pots have lots and lots of little white dots.
mad.gif

I don't know much about paint, so how exactly do i get the stuff off of my plants? I guess is should use paint thinner, but will that hurt my plants?

I'm sooooooo annoyed with the paint guy!!
mad.gif

Joel

NOOOOOOO, not paint thinner sertain death for the plant. that is like taken acid and rubbing it over your skin. try a wet towel and just work slowly. if that doesn't work i would just leave it. new growth will come out eventually.

Mindmaze128,
I don't think this will hurt the plant (the paint, I mean), just doesn't look good. Paint thinner is WAY toxic, so that will not just kill, but completely obliterate your plants. You won't have enough left for a salad. We spilled that stuff on the lawn once, and there was a big brown patch of grass in a few days. And grass is TOUGH.
Anyway, how long does one leaf last? your best bet is to just cope until the leaves wither.

Wash cloth and water, it is so humid in terrariums that the pant should soften and be easy to wipe off after a couple of days.... yes, I have delatexed a plant befor, lol.

oh, ok, no paint thinner then...

One thing I didn't mention is that I have my plants outside, so the leaves aren't soft like they would be in a terrarium.

I'll try getting the stuff off with warm water.

Thanks a lot!

Jœl

Back