What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Germinating ibicilla and proboscidea seeds...

Hello everyone! I am getting some seeds of Proboscidea and Ibicilla.
smile.gif
How do you germinate them?
Thank you for any help,
Dino
smile_n_32.gif

Um, I also need help in gorwing them................
Dino
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i germinated them by planting in a miracle gro potting mix. i placed the seeds in the sunniest spot in my yard. the temps here are like 85 - 95 degrees and kept the soil nice and moist. i pretty much left them alone cause it rained enough and then in about 2 weeks after planting them they are up.
- Carnivorkid 2 topics down.

Hi Dino,

You do realize that you asked the exact same question as the last post...
Your question has already been answered in the previous topics. All you have to do is check them. It is really not that hard, since their are only 5 topics(two are yours!) in this section and one is related to Brocchinia.

But Im not sure about miracle gro potting mix, CPs grow in nutrient poor soils, dont they?
confused.gif

But, how doy ou germinate Proboscidea?
Dino
smile_n_32.gif

Miracle grow potting mix is fine because the plant is not carnivorous. These plants do not grow in poor soils. Germinating Proboscidea is not too difficult. If the seeds are white, just sow them and keep warm. If the seeds are black, GA3 treatment or removing the seedcoat and sowing them in rich soil with warm conditions works well.

trust me on the miracle gro potting soil ibicella is tolerant of fertilizers. its just like a heliamphora is not as tolerant as lets say nepenthes to a certain chemical ingrediant in the fertilizer or whatever. My plants that i germinated as you heard before are growing really nice and big after some time. IF you still feel like you shouldnt use it then use a 50 percent peat and 50 perlite.`the reason i never questioned it when i got them is because before i never grew cps and all plants were tolerant to miracle grow until i started growing cps in which i learned the hard way with a vft.:p

Back