What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genlisea violacea

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Thank you RSS for giving me both of these plants:

Growing with U. calycifida in nothing but LFS.

DSCN5913.jpg

Interestingly glandular flower scape.

DSCN5915.jpg

Pretty little flower.

DSCN5914.jpg

Nice guitar!

I forgot I made this thread. :lol: And I forgot to thank you Jim! :p (even though it is actually a pretty horrible guitar).

Anyway, good old Genlisea just hasn't really stopped flowering once since I started this thread! :banana2:

lasztlstjk.jpg

Conditions and age, please? :)

Conditions and age, please? :)

Umm age... would be shoot I don't know maybe about a year old at least because I've had it for at least 10 months and I imagine RSS had it for some time before they gave it to me. . .

Conditions:

Pure LFS

60-100% humidity

75 degrees F during the day,
55-60 during the night.

The latest flower I posted is growing about six inches below two T5's.

G. violacea "giant" and most “G. violacea” in cultivation (especially if they grow like a weed, are perennial and form carpets of leaves propagating by little plantlets that are budding from the trap leaves) are in fact G. flexuosa.

Five new species of Genlisea have recently been described.
G. exhibitionista, G. flexuosa, G. metallica, G. nebulicola, G. oligophylla

ANDREAS FLEISCHMANN, FERNANDO RIVADAVIA, PAULO MINATEL GONELLA &
GÜNTHER HEUBL
A revision of Genlisea subgenus Tayloria (Lentibulariaceae)
Phytotaxa 33: 1–40 (28 Nov. 2011)

Discussion and photos on CPUK
http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44386

Wow Bob, I was not aware of this. Thanks for the info! That sounds spot on for my plant.

It seems like all my subterranean carnivores are having to get their names changed. :lol:

Back