What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genlisea question..............

do Genlisea self pollenate? is a lil effort on my part required? or do i need a different clone? i have Genlisea violacea x lobata blooming now and with several ppl exprecing interest in getting started in Genlisea i was going to try and start some from seed as they arent spreading all that fast to give away plantlets.

Rattler

I have never tried to manually pollinate any Genlisea and I am far from an expert on the genus.

However, nearly every flower of my G. hispidula produce viable seed and resulting volunteer seedlings.

In contrast, I have never obtained swollen ovaries or seed from my G. violacea x lobata, although it flowers almost continuously. The flowers hang around for a few weeks and eventually shrivel up and drop off.

thanks Bob. i may try to do some by hand and see what happens. anyone know if the hybrid is sterile?

Rattler

Has anybody gotten seed of G.lobata X violacea? Or is it infertile?

Fernando

Back