What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tamlin,

I read your article and it was VERY helpful and informative. Thank you for taking the time to write it!

SF

Thanks! I think it is a reasonable account of what works for me. Since I wrote it some other growers have commented that they think my comments regarding the need for a restricted photoperiod are not correct, or at least not in their experience, so you should take this part of my account with a grain of salt.

Still, I have a friend who never got gemmae from his plants. When I inquired if there was any light getting in after dark, he mentioned a streetlamp. I advised the black out the window after dark, and when he did he got gemmae that year. Others growing their plants under a continuous 18 hr. photoperiod likewise never get gemmae. (So take it with a "small" grain of salt.) I still feel that a good uninterupted dark period will initiate gemmae production sooner.

Tamlin,
You always have great information and informative reads!
Thanks for the generous offer, you are the best!!
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

smile.gif

unclesam.gif
blues.gif

I liked your article. Very informative. I'll be placing a screen over the terrarium at night so no light can disrupt their photoperiod.

thanks

SASES have been rolling in all week :)

So far I am holding SASES for:

Glen Peterson
Arthur Yin
Rose Witt
Kevin Baker
Tuyen Thi
Corey Tillea
Homer Leauge

Please note that I am not using my personal message option until after gemmae season, and please email me if you need to communicate. Kindly remember to include your forum names as well as your real life names on the emails.

tamlindd@yahoo.com

Back