What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemmae season!

G'day,
Got gemmae of Lake Bagderup, Carbarup, roseana, pulchella, pygmea (SA form), nitidula ssp allostigma, nitidula x pulchella, nitidula x ericksonae for swapping. I am interested in gemmae (within Australia) otherwise seeds if you live overseas.

PMed ya.

So many gemmae...:O
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

(Wish I got something to trade, I'll email you in a few *years* time when I have...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
)

Hey khoas, what country do you live in? Because if you live in some other country other then the US, it'll be hard to trade Gemmae.

I live in Australia and have sent gemmae overseas before and had no problems.
biggrin.gif

Khoas, you're the founder of the ACPS, right? (or something like that, think Tamlin mentioned it once...)

Cool...what work do you do there?
(growing cps all day long? What a haven...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
)

tounge.gif

No I am not the founder of the ACPS. The Australian Carnivorous Plants Society was formed in 1983 by group of collector ( I was only 12 at the time when the society was formed and interested in other things). I got into carnivorous plants only in 1998. Some of original members such Fred, Brian are still in the society. I am only the secertary, Seedbank manager and Books sales of the society.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ May 10 2004,8:55)]Keep it legal.
Agreed. It not illegal for me export gemmae out of Australia however is up to the importer to make sure they follow their country requriement for importing.

That is as it should be: no one can be aware of all the customs restrictions in every country. It's up to the individual receiving the material to either make it legal or take the risk. I never even ask if someone can legally receive the material I send. It isn't the sender who is going to have problems if the package is intercepted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ May 11 2004,2:47)]Agreed. I like risks!  
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
I don't think it is a good idea to be advocating illegal activities.

Be aware that the risks are real, and significant.  Although the odds are probably against getting caught, if you are here in the US you may be looking at fines that can reach 5 figures.  In any case, do not employ outright deception if you decide to smuggle this material like calling the package "Machine parts", and do not make public reference of the illegal action.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ May 11 2004,3:38)]hehehe
biggrin.gif

wink.gif
Glad to see you are taking it seriously
rock.gif

Jason,
It is your native animals and plants that are been put at risk.

Ok, sorry sorry. Didn't think b4 posting that one...who mentioned risks anyways?
rock.gif
wink.gif

Back