What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemmae Season Has Begun

Checking the plants today I found Drosera palacea ssp. roseana has begun to produce gemmae on several rosettes. Anyone else getting gemmae from any of their plants?

that's cool I don't have any pigmys maybe since it's gemmae season I can find some on the CP post
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yep. I just noticed today that my D. roseana (same species?) had started to produce them. Hopefully the others with follow suit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Oct. 09 2002,7:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that's cool I don't have any pigmys maybe since it's gemmae season I can find some on the CP trading post
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
me tooo (hopefully) lol
smile.gif

D.palacea ssp. roseana= roseana. Currently, 3 of my D.palacea ssp. trichocaulis are producing gemmae. You can see the plant in the photographs of the LACPS meeting that Larry took:)

Now Drosera hyperostigma has begun: it hardly stopped since last winter! It looks like these 2 are the early birds.

Back