What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

dutch for "Happy new year"
What do they say in your country?

Chaema symflavumorta! :D

"Let's find an excuse to get wildly drunk and blow things up while simultaneously vowing to stop doing something that we will invariably continue doing!"

only thing i vow is to play more world of warcraft and buy macrophylla and villosa!! (ill bet you cant guess wich species im talking aboutXD)

Do people shoot off fireworks on New Years?

When I used to drink and go to parties people would get hammered and imitate the stupid stuff they saw on that Jacka ss TV show. I quit drinking booze in 2000 and I never did join in their stunts so I stopped going to parties and watching them get injured. It might be funny when you're drunk too but just stupid if you're not.

its the only time of the year fireworks are allowed over here

Fireworks are banned in Minnesota except for the sparklers (the fizzy things), anything that explodes or makes a boom or bang is outlawed. But people drive over the borders to Wisconsin or South Dakota for their illegal fireworks. They have been illegal here as long as I can remember, they only recently allowed the sparklers a year or two ago. Here the standard time for fireworks is the 4th of July (independence day)... or KISS concerts! LOL

Last edited:
The heavier stuff is illegal here but that doesnt stop mortars and handgrenades from being available to anyone.

that doesnt stop mortars and handgrenades from being available to anyone.
How else are you supposed to hunt squirrels? :D

We have "Gun Shows" in the US where you can get almost anything you want weapons wise if it's not on the counter the guy probly has it out in his truck. My step dad was way into gun shows and collecting firearms but it never interested me. I bought a lotta cool daggers and hand to hand stuff. I never was interested in all the nazi memorabilia they seem to sell at them though.

Back