What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geek vs. nerd

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
What's the difference between a geek and a nerd? I always thought that a nerd was the intelligent, glasses version of a geek. What is the answer?

A geek is someone that always gets picked on,
a nerd is someone that everyone ignors. LOL

CD

According to www.dictionary.com...

nerd also nurd ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nûrd)
n. Slang
A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

geek ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gk)
n. Slang

A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

hope it helps,
Andrew

How would YOU know
biggrin.gif

Just kidding

Nerd- A smart jerk
Geek- A dumb loner

well the Dictionary according to Shawntiah (the most reliable dictionary in the Universe)
geek=weirdo;reject
nerd=smart;the ugly duckling turning into a beautiful swan.

Geek - the one who gets picked on, and never really changes as they age.

Nerd - Gets picked on in school, but everyone who did the picking winds up working for him!

Hmm.. I always thought a geek was the Daniel Jackson character from Star Gate? Maybe I'm admitting I am one by using that reference.

I thought they were the same...come to think of it, I never really found out!
(You would think I should know, me being one or the other)
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Back