What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasp! can it be?! please tell me it is!

Here's what grew in the terrarium where I sprinkled some of talmin's D. collinsiae x D. dielsiana seeds
biggrin.gif

http://groups.msn.com/safesaf....oID=306
I've never seen anything like that in any of my other pots... but it doesn't look like sundews. I never even saw the seed coat, and I THOUGHT I had sprinkled them evenly across the whole pot...
another picture:
http://groups.msn.com/safesaf....oID=307
I tried taking microscope pics but they're all squiggly so only a small portion was in focus... BAD pictures.
I also saw some of peter's seeds sprouting
biggrin.gif
3 species of sundew! YAY!
none of my d. binata or d. intermedia have sprouted though
smile_h_32.gif
I sowed them before peter's seeds (at the same time of the hybrid) and they haven't germinated yet... I hope they'll sprout soon!

patch o moss...

Drosera seedlings have tiny leaves with tentacles and dew.. just like their full grown counterparts.

confused.gif
i think those looked like mosses instead of sundews. If they are sundews, then small tenticles should be visible.

They're not seedlings, I planted Tamlin's seed as well, the same you did, and that's not at all what they look like now.
Sorry.

Hehehe.... I would say that's moss, too, on my first attempt at germinating Droserae (spatulata "kansai" or tokaiensis) I thought that the pot was being taken over by moss.... I was going to pluck out all of the little mosses with tweezers, but when I went to do so, I noticed tiny hairs with dew on the "moss"....

And don't sweat the D.binata, I had almost given up on mine and just the other day, after maybe 2 months, I spotted the first seedling popping up;
Patience, Wolf, plant them and they will come, eventually...

Maybe a bit less light on the pots???

aww!!! oh well :p
but why is it that it's only in that pot? it just seems too strange...for it being a moss OR a sundew :p oh well.
I REALLY hope the d. binata sprouts. I REALLY want a d. binata!

GASP GASP GASP!!!! a seed (not sure... either binata or intermedia) seed is sprouting!!!!!! I was terribly horribly bored b/c there was nothing to do and so I went to look at every speck of dust in my pots and TA-DA!!!! a seed had super tiny white fillaments (no... not fungus. I know what fungi look like... also mosses... but someone told me that seedling drosera looked nothing like the aduts and that's my first time ever germinating d. seeds)
so I'm HAPPY!!! I hope it happens like w/ the others seeds that there's a sudden explosion of germinating seeds after I see the first one
biggrin.gif

Back