What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G14

I am looking for a Dionaea G14 (Dionaea "Dirk Ventham's Giant"), If you know were to find them or are willing to trade PM me.(I have Pinguicula "John Rizzi" leaf cuttings and nomerous strange plant seeds that I could trade)

Welcome to the forums.
It's a little rude to make a request without stating a reciprocal offer and not even bothering to give people the details. A large number of people here aren't going to have any idea what you're talking about; try using more than a single letter when spelling out plant names, for starters. (Contractions are nice but people need context to understand them.) Also, while I'm pretty sure I know which "G14" to which you're referring, you should know that those kinds of codes are specific to the breeder/nursery who created them - if you were to blindly send out postage to some random person offering a G14, you could get the plant you wanted, or you could just as likely get a high-tech strain of lab-bred blueberry bush. It helps alot to be specific.
Happy hunting,
~Joe

Just a FYI, If you're looking for a mature plant, you better have a mature plant of at least equal value. Leaf "cuttings" just don't cut it :jester:

added: especially for something rare. For something common, that would probably be O.K. as Joe mentioned...giveaways.

That's a great improvement, Kami. Sorry if I came off as kind of harsh - I'm having a cranky day. But it's also worth noting that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Especially if that honey is easy-to-read, gracious and equivocal. :D
SDCPs has a good point about having something equal to offer, but don't be discouraged. Every once in a while people give things away here, either for free or the price of postage. Just remember that it's considered very rude to make open requests for freebie plants, and if you do so frequently you may give yourself a bad reputation in the eyes of more experienced growers. (And it's even worse to send people unsolicited personal messages asking for freebies - I feel like that should be obvious but apparently it isn't to some people...)
Best luck! I wish I could help you but I'm still dreaming about getting the celebrated B-52 into my collection.
~Joe

PS - Incidentally, while I guessed you were referring to a VFT, I'm pretty sure I was actually thinking of a different "G14" from a breeder in eastern Europe. Just goes to show!

Back