What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fur trade petition, buzzkill

I've seen reputable trappers work and this seems a bit on the absurd side and would be suspicious as well of the motivation behind such a horrific movie. Here in Oswego, the trappers have been put out of business both by legislation and by the current trend in fashion which eschews fur and the like for clothing. Since we have killed off the predators of these smaller animals, the population vectors have gone wild in the county so mama Nature stepped in with a rabies epidemic to even things out. Here, we greet our little furry friends with fear, not pleasure. Hunting and trapping are necessities for controlling population growth and should be tolerated if not encouraged. Someday we may depend again on these skills and they shouldn't be lost.

I have to say, PETA provides things that actually trigger my 'block-out-those-memories" reflex moreso than most other things I've seen on the internet, including some of the shock site big bads like orgish and such. I can remember stuff from those sites with great disdain, but PETA video's, I get a mental dry heave from.

But ever since PETA came out against "Cooking Mama", the Nintento game series, I really can't take them seriously anymore.

http://www.peta.org/cooking-mama/index.asp

Ayup.

That just made me laugh. They should sell this, it would be a hit.

I have to say, I finally played it for myself just now, and anyone who cooks under those conditions and that messily are guilty of being cruel only to themselves... I mean, seriously, how the hell do you blister a turkey? Who leaves neck veins sticking out like that? And is it really that hard to keep the gravy in the boat!?

At first I thought "what the hell" then I realized that she was punishing the turkey for being so tasty and encouraging human cruelty.

Back