What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funny stuff

Oh my God!! Look at the "Disclaimer" section.. look familiar?

Tanya, I ran out of time this morning to get through ALL of the disclaimers, but that was an incredible list of what we see in today's society. What is CAB approval, though? Loved the references to the Beatles & Stones! Anything avoid a lawsuit!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FlytrapGurl @ Mar. 20 2005,5:55)]Oh my God!! Look at the "Disclaimer" section.. look familiar?
Ooooh. I just notice this: You've been watching Mary Poppins, recently!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What is CAB approval, though?

I have no clue.. I was wondering about that too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ooooh. I just notice this: You've been watching Mary Poppins, recently!

No, I have not. It was in reference to the recent thread about the guy that got in trouble with eBay for putting up a set of brass shell casings for bid and neglecting to mention that they are not ammunition, and then he retaliated by putting the same item up for bid again, but with writing like "NOT AMMO" and "NO GO BANG" all over the picture, and then making a big disclaimer, which was extremely similar to this one and which I have printed out and on the back of my door, along with a bunch of other stuff in the page below it. I think you could still find the thread back there somewhere...

EDIT: Found the topic, but the eBay page has expired. That really sucks... that was priceless.

'NOTHER EDIT: ..Or was the disclaimer comment even what you were referring to??

Either he's referring to the last line of the disclamer or your growlist link
laugh.gif

Things that suck list, I emailed the guy with some things to add, here's what I have---

Diet pill comercials with nasty annoying videos of that lady that talks like she's high. Oh yeah ANA NICOLE SMITH!

Annoying comerical jingles that get stuck in your head.

Really annoying bad actors in comericals.

Embarrasing comercials that always seem to come on when your parents come in the room. "Troojan Maaaan!"

Stepping in dog crap.

The munchies

Lost remotes

People with really thick accents working at fast food places. "Aaaand theeeen?" "NO AND THEN!"

Kiddy cartoons - No wonder we're so stupid now!

School

Really REALLY stupid people

Stubborn AND stupid people

telemarketers (but of course!)

birds that won't SHUT THE HELL UP!

bees

bad voice actors

dirty dishes

that "I'll pay you next week" guy

overly religious people

cable prices

People PC Online

prejudice people

any itch that you can't scratch

puberty

X girl/boyfriends

"Disc read error"

pokemon JUST DIE ALREADY!

being the "it wasn't me" guy in the elevator

Cartoon Network for stealing Naruto

that creepy guy on AOL "Welcome, I'm creepy."

people on AIM that pretend to be bots

homicidal maniacs

spoiled kids "I want that! I want that!" I'll give you this "SHUT THE HELL UP!"

discs that skip

the sex talk

doctors

dentists

ChronoKiento you mind making your signature shorter

I was referring to the page where they were poking fun at all the disclaimers use by commercial products, e.g. batteries not included, do not remove tag....

And of course, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious was an old Julie Andrews movie.

MY signature is too long? Are you insane?

Exactly!! If yours is long, what of MINE?

Back