What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

funniest skit I've seen in a while

wow..I have to say that skit actually seriously sucks..
and they didnt even remotely "nailed British people dead on"..
they didnt even use English accents..
Mad TV is actually pretty crappy..not much talent there.

If you want to see skits that "nailed British people dead on" watch the original
Monty Python TV episodes...no one parodies the British better than the British themselves!
Americans just dont have the knack for it..

you can find Monty Python skits all over youtube..

Scot

Haha thats really good! I really think if Mad TV was really crappy I dont think it would have been on for so many years....I cant stand british humor, IMO very dull.

Yeah I'm watching this Monty Python thing, and it's horrible. The Holy Grail movie was hilarious, but the show is heinous. Why is the audience laughing in the beginning when the people are just standing there? British humor is an oxymoron IMO. I've been watching this for 5 minutes and haven't even chuckled once :(

See; they've nailed the British people dead on. I used to love the Monty Python TV show, but the last few I've seen sucked, even though I can remember loving the same episodes 30 years earlier. I didn't think much of the Three Stooges the last time I saw one of their shows either. Times change and so do people. But the Holy Grail and Life of Brian will be great forever.

Wow that is hilarious my favorit act is the ones with oprah and docto phil... or the one with the kid and his mom(albino kid) that one is pretty good also. :jester:

Wow, these people have clearly never met a British person in their lives.

Honestly, I'm surprised MadTV even exists anymore. No good comedians have arisen from it, they have never had a funny sketch, and it's little more than a hollow imitation of SNL.

Mad tv hasn't been the same since Artie Lang left. How can you beat "Yo black mama" or "babewatch"

Lol, I've been to England 5 times, and that's exactly what British people seem like to me. I can't understand what they're saying half the time.

MadTV usually isn't good, but SNL wasn't good between Belushi and Farley, and hasn't been good since Farley. Andy Samberg has made it bearable, but still not great. The last "comedian" to come out of there was Will Ferrell, who doesn't even do stand up as far as I'm aware...just terrible acting in awful movies (Elf? Come on.)

MadTV still exists because it's produced by Lorne Michaels, just like SNL is. As long as he's at the helm, both shows will continue on. I don't think MadTV is an imitation of SNL except for the fact that it's also a skit show. That's like saying apples and plums are exactly the same because they're both fruit.

Wow that is hilarious my favorit act is the ones with oprah and docto phil... or the one with the kid and his mom(albino kid) that one is pretty good also. :jester:

Mine is the one of a song's melody being stolen and it included the lead singer of Pearl Jam and Ray Charles (actors acting obivously). Rofl.
"That's bull crap, I'm Ray Charles!":-))

i find this one quite amusing:
watch

Frank Caliendo is pretty funny. I agree with the Captain here. :)

Back