What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fruit trees

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
G

Does anybody know where I can get fruit trees and plants like bannanas, figs, pineapple, dragonfruit etc.? I've been searching on the net, but haven't found a good place...

you can go to yours local nursery and find all these trees easily . pineapples are brmeliads . bannas are not actually trees . and dragon fruit is a cactus , i don't think you'll be able to find it , i have some cuttings if you want to trade for something .

Unfortunately, Alaska nurseries aren't big suppliers of fruiting plants, or any tropicals. I'm somewhat limited to online shoping.

Fighting the urge to ask "where in Alaska do you think you will be able to grow any of the tropical fruits you have asked about?", I will instead recommend you check out the following site:

California Rare Fruit Growers

Hope this helps, Troy.

In Alaska they'd have to be grown indoors. Although Anchorage is much warmer than the rest of Alaska (part of why Anchoragites aren't considered Alaskan's
wink.gif
) So who knows.. a greenhouse would work.
When I was up there I bought all those off Ebay
smile.gif

Wow, I just went to a nursery here in AK. They had a lot of cps, from a supplier unlike any other I've seen. The larger ones were in white pots, and the smaller ones in red. They had some vft on display that were relatively huge
biggrin.gif
. They had a lot of unnamed sarracenia (could only identify a purpurea, so i didnt buy any) some rather lengthy D. capensis, one ping, and a noth american Drosera (assuming from the growth habit) that I bought because it had many flower stalks, some with seeds. Are the seeds supposed to be blackish gray? Anyway, I got some nice decorative plants (one was green and silver
biggrin.gif
) and my fav, a dwarf cavendish bannana!! !

I have a calmondin Orange tree...the site where I got it also sells all other types of citrus tree...the site is www.floridaorangetree.com

Greetings,
Raintree Nursery (raintreenursery.com) has some of the plants you seek and they would probably be tolerant of you climate.

Brian

Back