What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fruit fly trapping

I have my cps in terrarium inside the house. This limits my plants to finding bugs that were in my house and they have to be the right size. Well, I couldnt find any of those in my house, so I decided to help my cps out. I had some left over fruit and put it in the bottom of the jar, then i put on funnel on top of the jar, so dey can easily go in but not out. That was a week ago, now its a breeding ground for fruit flies. I have over 100 of them now all buzzing around in the jar. I tried transporting them into my tank, and I made this transporting thing out of can and plastic wrap, that was a bad idea. Now i have tons of fruit flies inside my house and only 3 made it. So after two days or so, i'm going to try agan with a better connecting thingy. Hope it works, its going to be fun =D.

Hey, I have that beat. My children kindly leave the wet, dirty dish cloth around every night and, presto, by morning it is covered with little, happy flies.
confused.gif

Now, I need help, there is an overwhelming amount of fruit flies all over my house. When I open the fridge, they will fly out of the fridge, when I reach into the fruit bowl, they are always floating away as my hand goes to grab the fruit. They are now being a pest, I should of tried to culture the flightless fruitflies. But I can't complain, now I have an unlimited supply of food for my cps and I'm just feeling overruned by bugs.

They are incredible. You need to remove all food source. Anything the bio-degrades. Especially wet rags
tounge.gif

Alot of pet stores sell the flightless fruitflies. I have several cultures going. Mainly to feed my fish.

Elgecko I was wondering about having cultures going, is it okay to set up like 20 cultures, or will the culture I'm not using eventually die out?

Back