What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fruit fly cultures

I have fruit fly cultures for trade or for sale for $5.00 plus shipping

I have fruit fly cultures for trade or for sale for $5.00 plus shipping

Sorry, you can't sell here. You can ask for shipping costs, and you can trade, but nothing past that.

Happy growing!

ok then for trade onlt

any info? on liek what they need and how to raise would be great i may be interested if its nothing hard to do

there real easy to grow just mix some corn meal or potato flakes,or oat meal with some water
and put some baking yeast in it put in a container with the lid having some small holes covered with cloth, redo every 2 3 weeks :-D

now is this something i can leave in my gh and every once in a while takes some out to feed my plants?

You would have to make a new culture every 2-3 weeks and probably empty the culture out every few days so it doesnt become too populated and crash.

What I do is pour 300-400 flies in a ziplock bag and throw it in the freezer for a few hours to kill them. Then I take them out and dry them and store them in a container until I need them and feed the dried flies. Then all you have to do is buy one new culture when you run out and repeat. If you wanted you could also do like Joesph Clemens does and grind the dried insects into a powder and sprinkle them on your plants every few weeks. I choose to just feed whole flies since they are quite small as is.

Last edited:
yes you can feed almost every day each female lays hundreds of eggs and the life cycle is 2 weeks. I fed my plants today and gave my fish a few hundred, looked like a shark feeding frenzy, what do you have to trade
pm me we will come up with something to make us both happy:boogie::boogie:

Back