What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frozen pots

found my vft pots frozen ,question is do you think they will survive

Probably! The biggest factor is more how long they're frozen for. Exactly how cold was it outside? My pots freeze quite often, but that's only down to ~19 F max... colder than that and I'm not sure ??? It sounds like it doesn't freeze over often where you are though if this has only happened once :)
VFTs are made of pretty tough stuff :)

thanks ,and they have not froze for more than a couple of days so fingers crossed

It also depends how low the temps got. I've had Dioneae croak after single freeze episodes that got down to 18F, only for one night.

Yep- fingers crossed! The forecast says it's going to warm up a bit after tomorrow, so it should be fine. :)

The bigger the pot/bog, the more likely your plant will survive.

thanks for your replies

Mine are frozen solid from November to March every year. They're in a large outdoor bog though which I'm sure makes a difference.

Mine have frozen solid. Embedded in ice. As long as they thaw naturally outside you should be fine. In fact my bogs froze this year and the drain froze first. So I had ice way above the pots from the pump steadily pumping water into a non draining system. Sarrs are growing now after being sarrcicles and the vft don't look bad either. How fold of a freeze are you talking. There us obviously too cold but just because they turn to ice doesn't say much.

thanks jb,i am talking -10,i think they will survive

Back