What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

front yard, grow racks and flower pics

thez_yo

instigator
Well, I gave in and bought another grow rack because...um, I keep getting more plants. :blush: And I had these hideous bushes blocking light and view from the windows where I keep all my plants, so I ripped them out and put Hibiscus and Columbines in instead.

Pictures! (as clickable thumbnails)

Here's the grow area:

Some of the Columbines:

And the yard:

Oooh, I love columbines!

Is that one of those $99 wire racks from Home Depot? Can the individual shelves be set at any heights you want? Like the top shelf is 24" from the next shelf and the shelf below that is only 14" and so on?
How do you "set" them at the right height is there a screw?

swords: The taller of the two is supposed to be a four-shelf rack, for like $60 or $80 or somewhere abouts (I don't think it was $90), and yes you can set the shelves wherever you want. The way you set them is that there are two half-tube pieces that fit around the legs into the slots you see as stripes up the legs, to essentially be a tube at that point. That tube ends up being thicker at the bottom than the top, so the shelf slides on and sticks firmly because of that pressure - that's why there's a black ring underneath the shelf on the legs (that's those black plastic pieces) because that's where the tube is thicker than the hole in the shelf corners. ...I had to have only three shelves because the orchids I just got are just way too tall for any other shelf I have so I just made a huge shelf for big leaves/spikes on the orchids.

Lil Stinkpot: YES!!!! I'm so glad I nabbed the last purple one :D.

Back