What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free MS for tissue culture?

PitcherPlantJunkie

PitcherPlantDruggie
Hey guys, I'm just starting to get on with tissue culture and I'm wondering does anyone have some MS medium they would like to share? I was looking on ebay and most of them were in huge bottles. If not, can anyone tell me a alternative to MS medium used in tissue culture? Thank you

Hey guys, I'm just starting to get on with tissue culture and I'm wondering does anyone have some MS medium they would like to share? I was looking on ebay and most of them were in huge bottles. If not, can anyone tell me a alternative to MS medium used in tissue culture? Thank you

This seems like a reasonable volume for a modest home effort: https://www.ebay.com/itm/35g-to-make-1000-ml-MURASHIGE-SKOOG-MS-Medium-with-Sucrose-BA-NAA-Agar/132017374685?hash=item1ebcd945dd:g:mYcAAOSwUV9WmQEC:rk:8:pf:0

I can send you a pack if necessary, but it's just easier to order everything you need (vitamin, gelling agent, MS etc.) from Phytotechlab or from Carol at Kitchen Culture Kit (Magenta Bcaps or Phytocaps as well, a lot easier to work with when your hands are cramped in a fish tank or glove box if you don't access to a laminar flow hood)

For other options than MS, Knudsen-C and Anderson should work as well.

Hi, do anyone else have any free ones that I can use? Agar with MS would be for the best. Thank you

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone else have anything left over? I don't need much, maybe just enough for about 250 ml? Thank you

Hi, does anyone else have anything left over? I don't need much, maybe just enough for about 250 ml? Thank you

There comes a point where asking for free stuff becomes obnoxious, and tends to label a person as a "gimme gimme", which I doubt you'd want. If you've had no offers, then please stop asking. A packet of Murishage & Skoog sufficient to make a liter of medium can be had easily on Fleabay for under $20, so I suggest you go that route and get on with it. Thank you.

Back