What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Frog in San Diego/LA area

thez_yo

instigator
I found this frog at Home Depot. While I'm for saving it from Home Depot, I'm not supposed to have pets and buying crickets for her is entirely gross. I'd drive it all over to you (in San Diego, or when I go up to LACPS meeting June 19th) including cage, cricket mineral coat, stuff in cage (plastic plants, water bowl), and frog. Unless you don't want anything other than just the frog itself - I could keep the tank for more Heli's :-D. People at the pet store said she was from the North west of the US area (maybe the sort of thing that jumps around Peter's nursery?). She looks a bit more green than this picture gives - the flash did something funny. She's about 1 1/2" big...maybe 2" if you squint real hard. Supposedly they live ~10yrs.

P5220047.jpg

Cute! I'm too far away but I have friends in SD; I'll ask and see if any of them are in the need of creepy-crawlies.
~Joe

You might want to say something on the LACPS Yahoo group.

You might want to say something on the LACPS Yahoo group.

About the frog, or that I plan on going up to the meeting? Could you post something there for me? ... I tried joining a Yahoo group once and I think I broke something or couldn't post or some other random incompetence. ???

Cute little guy! Too bad I don't live closer. :-))

If she's wild caught she might be better off released back into the wild, if you can. Frogs are vanishing all over the US recently.

Cute little guy! Too bad I don't live closer. :-))

Meet you half way? It's about a 6 hour drive for each that way :p
Maybe someone in LA will take her, and she can get passed hand to hand to someone who lives further North, up to you through several people... :-))

If she's wild caught she might be better off released back into the wild, if you can. Frogs are vanishing all over the US recently.

Sounds like whatever nursery the Home Depot gets its plants from is further north and the frogs just hang around and sometimes get sent down here. I'm sure it's from the wild, but believe me - a frog wouldn't survive a day out here in the wild in San Diego because it's bone-dry.

Oh, and just in case you guys don't know, this little froggy is nocturnal and quiet. She'll stick around the walls of her tank at night and chase bugs quietly, and sleep in a little corner bed of moss she digs out on the bottom during the day.

So, anyone up for a frog? If I can bring a frog on a plane with me (anyone know if I can?), anyone up in San Fran up for a frog if we meet at the bacps meet?

I hope you find a nice home for it. You could probably slip it into Balboa Park's fish pond when nobody is looking :-O

You could also ship it to someone. How do they ship live animals in the mail anyway? I've never understood how.

I hope you find a nice home for it. You could probably slip it into Balboa Park's fish pond when nobody is looking :-O

You could also ship it to someone. How do they ship live animals in the mail anyway? I've never understood how.

Yeah I was thinking about that, but I think the Koi would eat her.

I have no idea how shipping works but I assume it's traumatizing. Hey...you wanna frog? :poke:

:poke:

:poke:

You know you want a frog...:poke:

hypnotoad knows you want one too...

hi uhh i live about 2 hours from you ( wilmington, CA ) in the east of Los angelos i would like to get the frog with everything else but i am not sure i have room ill check and or clear some space ill tell you tomorrow if i do have space ok?

Back