What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

freakin cat

Holy Mackerel Joe! My bill was never that much even in my Nep days with the 400W halide, the six twin tube strips, the AC for the highlanders, and all the rest of the household electricity, etc. What do you pay per KWH out there?

It's eight to eleven cents a kilowatt hour. Some hours on each bill are at $0.085 something, and then the rest are $0.102 - not sure why. It usually breaks down to about 50/50 but it's never exact. Last month we used over 2400 kWh - this month was just a little more than half that.
~Joe

Crap - sorry that happened Kristoff. But, it's just more proof that cats do indeed suck!

/sneaks away..

How rude of me. Sorry to hear about your plight Kris. I hope you look into cat grass. I've had several roommate and roommate's-pet related plant fatalities this past season. (Most recently my Wollemi Pine, although I haven't given up on it yet.) I try not to think about it much.
~Joe

Seedjar -- It's not that we pay a lot. They are just convinced that the lights account for a huge chunk of the bill, probably in an attempt to get me to pay more.

I got a cure for them cats
DSCN1156.jpg

with a silencer nice haha.

nice but my preference is Ruger MkII's

Cats are people too.
I have found that i must be smarter than my cats .. and not that scarey gun thing.
This was after one of my cars got into the VFt;s that I had received from that carni plant place in Czech. I now have 8 types of VFT that don't have appropriate labels on them.Now, when I get a new plant(s)l, i put it in an old all metal cleaned rabbit cage. then a simple use a cliip thing or even cheaper a twisty tie,will keep it secure so the cat can't get into it

i still love my cat :\ not like she knew any better. The plant can be replaced. not a big issue really, kinda pisses me off though that my parents let her in -.-

Maybe it's time for baby gates? Or perhaps poultry netting on a wooden frame. If you can't beat them, build an inexpensive movable wall to... (I give up on making that into some sort of mixed metaphor.) Easier than convincing your parents to change their habits, probably. Although you might try giving them an invoice for your cat's little salad course. Not sure how that would go over with your folks. :D
Seedjar -- It's not that we pay a lot. They are just convinced that the lights account for a huge chunk of the bill, probably in an attempt to get me to pay more.
That's what some of my prior roommates have said, but I'm pretty sure it's no greater than the amount that the various home electronics (TV, videogames, two computers and occasionally laptop and cell phone chargers) or heaters consume. When I lived in a smaller apartment, my lights actually did a pretty good job of doubling as a heat source, and they lit the whole place effectively so we only had to use the light switch in the bathroom. I think it's crazy that there are lights even more efficient than these T12s - I can see why they're so popular.
~Joe

Although you might try giving them an invoice for your cat's little salad course. Not sure how that would go over with your folks.
lol! My guess is they'd say "Oh yeah? In that case here's an invoice for..(endless list).." you don't want to risk an invoice in return from the parents! :D

My dad has a small deep freeze (saves a lot of money on food he says) but his apartment charges him an additional $15 a month to have it. I'm quite sure the yellow "Energy Star" tag on it when we picked it up at the store said it was only about $20 a year to operate. I wonder what his apartment would've done had they seen my various Nep setups years ago.

Hey Finch!

Where ya been??

I don't know how to say this, but... I've been seeing other forums :blush:.
:grin:

In addition, school got busy and all. I usually show up here in cycles anyhow, ya know? Pop in for a few months and then fall off the face of the earth. It's all good, though.

AH-HAA!!

I thought that I smelled other forums on your clothing‼ How could you go behind our backs like that?!?!

Don'cha know that we're the jealous types?? ;) ;)

Welcome back anyway......... :p

(......and clean all those feathers from the floor, will ya?)

Back