What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France this summer

I have never been to Europe but will hopefully be going for two weeks. (Yes I finally won the family drawing). Are there any cp sites that I can visit in Western Europe that are not out of the way. Any Botanical Gardens? I will only have a hlaf a day to devote to cps. I am going to try to see as much of Europe as possible.

Isn't going to France to see CPs kind of like going to Alabama to discuss philosophy at a cafe?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 18 2005,9:07)]Isn't going to France to see CPs kind of like going to Alabama to discuss philosophy at a cafe?
lol
don't take my word for it but i've heard of many europe native cp species.

Hi Tre,
Living in Europe for the whole of my life, I can tell you a few things I do know.
The natives here(the U.K) are:
Drosera anglica
Drosera rotundifolia
Drosera rotundifolia x anglica
Pinguicula vulgaris(a unique pink one is called the common butterwort here!)
Pinguicula grandiflora
Utricularia vulgaris

I know there are more, but I cant recall anymore.
I know that Pinguicula grandiflora is also found in France.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Isn't going to France to see CPs kind of like going to Alabama to discuss philosophy at a cafe?
Why don't you drive on down to Alabama and let them know how much smarter you are?
I'm sure they will be impressed.  
cool.gif

Or shoot you. Seriously, all kidding aside I know a "white" African American. That will freak out the people in alabama, well he lives there and he says it does.
Anyway I was more looking for a specific site or Botanical Garden

Feel the need to defend Alabama's honor, eh? I think most here would rather chase Sarracenias in Alabama than discuss existentialism over a glass of wine. And, with my education mostly being from Mississippi, I'm probably not that much smarter than the folks in Alabama.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Feel the need to defend Alabama's honor, eh?
No I do not.  It is just that your original comment sounded like the thinking of some of our self proclaimed "cultural elite".
I read this somewhere..."All men are created equal".  
smilie4.gif

"All men are created equal in the eyes of God." I think thats where the founding fathers got thier ideas. Too bad they didn't rely mean it. What they realy meant was white male land owners.

Even if you don't see any CPs, Europe is a fun place to visit! Sorry for straying off subject.

Glenn

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Jan. 20 2005,7:59)]Or shoot you.  Seriously, all kidding aside I know a "white" African American.  That will freak out the people in alabama, well he lives there and he says it does.
Anyway I was more looking for a specific site or Botanical Garden
I can help with that.
smile.gif

About 45 minutes fro me(I live in Bristol, England) there is a CP nursery, the leadingone in the country.
I have ordered from them and visited once, I was very impressed.  
smile.gif

Here is their website:

http://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk/customer/home.php

You can find the directions on how to get there on the website.
If it doesnt say it on there, send them an email and ask.
smile_m_32.gif

Back