What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a Sundew! (at a store)

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
WooHOOO!! I was up in Lafayette and went to their garden center, where their indoor garden area is just beautiful I think (Orchids that are like 4 feet tall with blooms the size of my palms o_O) So I thought they might have some cool CPs (well at least for an ultrabeginner ;) )

So on the table with their little box lids open sat a ton of VFTs and a few Sundews, some just covered with gnats. They all looked really well, so I got a sundew! Its got a ton of dew on it *yeay!*

Then I stopped at a different garden center on the way home, and they had a tray of CPs as well..looks like I caught the end of their selection BUT! They also had some VFTs, and a butterwort (I wasnt sure about that so I didnt get it) and then they had some Sars...and Ive been drooling over the ones that turn red and they had one so, of course, I got it. They had some green ones as well...I might have to go back and get another one...or two...

:boogie:

Ohh so bad today!

That's cool :) I've only seen VFT's (rarely) here in FL. Walmart has some N. alata's occasionally (like last weekend). Hope they do well for you!

lol...i get lucky to find vft's (damn city), other than that it online stores for me

Depending on where i go here, some stores have VFTs, Drosera, Pinguicula, and Sarracenia. While a few others have all of those and a couple of neps, sometimes its just VFTs in some of em, but tons of stores here have em, Top Foods, Safeway, Lowes, Home Depot, a local Greenhouse, the old petshop i worked at.....the list could continue, but i rarely find neps. usually just VFTs/Drosera/Sarracenia.

Ill take some pictures later today, Ive gotta clean the kitchen so I can repot them all,or at least start getting them out of their dome/cubes.

The Safeway where I got my first VFT had some and I got another one a while back, but that is all I have seen there. I keep looking at the Lowes up here and they dont have any, which is surprising! Home Depot huh? Hmmm...I wonder if we still have any Home Depots.

Back