What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a great tray at home depot

I was at Menards for a few minutes and I ran across this white tray that is about 3' x 3' and about 3.5" high. It is supposed to be used under washing machines just in case there is a leak. I took a look at it and thought hmmmm, think I'll buy this as I'll be able to set it out on the patio and place many pots in it this summer. Nice size and the perfect height to be able to water plants from the bottom up. It was white though. No other colors were available. Price was $13.

Nice tray tip Laura. I use the heavy duty black plastic mortar mixing tubs from Home Depot. Not, pretty, but they last for years. The larger tub is 2 1/2 x 2' approx and runs $11. The smaller tub is about 2' x 1 1/2' and is about $5. They are pretty deep, about 6-8". Oh, and I mix peat and pearlite in these tubs with a hoe--makes potting easy.

Oh oh oh! Got one of those too! Much deeper and black. I'm going to use the deeper one for larger pots and the white one for the 3" pots. I mix in stock tanks. I think mine are by Rubbermaid but there are other brands that are as nice if not nicer. Glad I'm not the only one who improvises.

Hmmm, ya know--those heavy black ones could be planted directly as mini-bogs!! I better start getting to the gym and work out. They could be darn heavy to bring in the sun porch to overwinter---oh yeah, wife's going to be real happy.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Very nice, if it was a foot high, you could just fill it with peat, and sand, and insta bog garden.

what i'm switching to this year are clear rubbermaid (i think) storage tubs i found at wal-mart for about $3. they are approx. 2.5' x 1.5' x 4", and come with a snap-on lid. i was able to fit 15 4.5" pots in each for all my seeds this spring. I have 3 of those filled up. Don't what I'll do with all those seedlings in a few years, but for now they don't take up much space. i am going to buy a few more for all of my plants that are currently in smaller pots. probably won't look the greatest on the deck, but i don't care.

Back