What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOTO feeding Nep. TRUNCATA with FISH !!!

yes this is cool, I dunno I just don't think its natural, maybe I'm just being stupid?

Ill try the milk thing... dunno how Ill feel about the smell!

It sounds like it was a really interesting experiment.

I wish that I had seen it sooner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I also don't think that anyone was claiming that there are animals in the wild that lactate over an open nep pitcher but it is a convienent way to supplement the natural nep diet without using fish, bugs, lizards, etc.

Quick! Someone lactate into a pitcher- FOR SCIENCE!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hate to break it to those labelling fish "higher lifeforms"... but fish aren't wired to feel pain. It's all just an involuntary stimulous response. They don't require fear and trauma to avoid damage... their brain simply tells their body to evade and it happens, without resistance. They and other simple lifeforms are basically organic robots, programmed with DNA</div>

Actually a not-too recent paper in NATURE (the science journal) has showed convincing proof that fish, indeed, do feel pain. I would now direct you to the link, BUT they just put all of this ending year's previous papers in the suscriber's-only section. Sigh this whole topic is distastefull.

Yeahhhhh! We winnnnnn!
smile.gif

Who knows now? Maybe I will use a frozen mouse? ;)
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan

PS : Happy New year to everyone!
boogie.gif

Wow. Looks like I missed some stuff while I was away...

That ant idea I suggested wasn't just an idea. I've done it before, and the plant doesn't eat the ants as quickly as you might have thought, nep_ak. It just feeds the plant slowly over a long period of time. My colony never actually ran out, I just cleaned out the terrarium for a different use.

Back