What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the rockhead...Wulfenite crystals / mineral specimen (Winner) $6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
And now for something totally different... :grin: I know there are some people here who like rocks and minerals so I thought I would put up something that might be interesting.

Up for auction is a specimen of "windowpane" wulfenite. Wulfenite is a mineral most often found in tabular crystal form ranging in color from brownish to yellow to orange to red. Wulfenite is a Lead Molybdate, with a formula of PbMoO4. The name is in honor of the Austrian mineralogist Franz Xaver von Wulfen (1728-1805). Wulfenite is a minor ore of Lead.

When the crystals are thin and tranparent like this, its often called "windowpane". This specimen is loaded with thin, bright orange crystals. To add to the value, this is "old stock," collected in back in the 50s (when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Haha...thought I'd say that before Ozzy did) with location data. (Location data is as important to rocks as it is to plants!) It was mined at Rowley Mine, Maricopa County, Arizona, USA. This is a NICE specimen with heavy coverage of crystals.

These crystals are small covering an approximately 1-inch+ chunk of matrix. Although small, they are stunningly beautiful and can be fully appreciate when magnified (loupe, magnifier). The photos don't do it justice. Its very hard to get good photos of crystals because of the light and transparency. (If I can get a better pic, I'll add it).

This will come with a tag with all location information.

Opening bid is TWO DOLLAH! ($2)

I will pay shipping. Please note: I will do my utmost to pack this CAREFULLY but do expect some loss of crystals as this is a fragile piece. All the mineral boxes I have of this material have bits and pieces of crystals in them.

wulfenite2.jpg

wulfenite1.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Sweetness. Quite the beautiful specimen.

$5.

xvart.

I need to do a little update here. I looked at it last nite and, although I didn't have a measuring tape, it does look to be a little less than an inch long. Sorry 'bout that. That's a typical thumbnail specimen size. So Xvart, you can void your bid if the size isn't satisfactory. I'll try to get an exact measurement and add it here.

So Xvart, you can void your bid if the size isn't satisfactory. I'll try to get an exact measurement and add it here.

Well geese! I won't void my bid, I'll just lower it! LOL, just kidding. I think it'll be just fine. Oh, and I'm not a "rockhead" as suggested in the title; so I hope no one is offended by someone getting such a cool rock to look at and go "dude, pretty..."

Regardless, $5.

xvart.

Personally I don't know how anyone could look at crystals and NOT be impressed at what "nature hath wrought." Mumma nature is just amazing! :)

Thanks! Back to bids....

$6

Payment sent.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or repoert the item received.

Please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or report the item received.
This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back, so please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. Please don't send me a update through PM, my inbox is already full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back