What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

? for the nep people who have veitchii x lowii

I just received 2 veitchii x lowiis and need to know if they need HL, or Intermediate conditions. I don't know if the cross was done with a HL or LL veitchii.
thanks,
Zero

That, and veitchii x platychila were both done w/ HL veitchiis.

OK thanks, so HL it is:)

for the record.................ive never noticed veitchii.....be it highland or lowland varieties....to be terribly picky on conditions....i think highland or lowland has more to do with what locations they were collected in than true preferance to conditions.

I agree. They both (H/L or L/L) seem to do better in intermediate conditions than they do in the extreme of wherever they came from. In fact, I grow my H/L and L/L veitchiis next to each other and veitchii x lowii.

yeah i always view the veitchii as a parent in a hybrid as meaning it should be one adaptable plant............

Mine is growing well in a tank in my basement, which goes to about 50 degrees at night.

Back