What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for the astronomy buffs............

ran across this program this week when looking for stuff to put on my new laptop.....pretty sweet program for being free......

http://www.stellarium.org/

Looks like a very cool program.
I'm not really into astronomy like I used to be. I had an 8" Meade Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope for many years, but did not use it much and got rid of it. I would not mind getting another some time down the road if I had the extra $.
I might download the program since once in a while I dig out the small Meade spotting scope I still have and check out plants.

It is a neat program, especially being free and all. I have a telescope that I haven't used in years. I loved taking it out in college, but just haven't had the time or the energy to take it someplace dark and away from the light pollution of the city.

xvart.

Thanks for the link, I have downloaded it and find it very entertaining.

Got it thanks, the boy may enjoy this one.

I might download the program since once in a while I dig out the small Meade spotting scope I still have and check out plants.

Either you made a typo, or you like viewing your plants from really really far away. ;-)

Really cool program. I love this kind of stuff

He has the spotting scope aimed at a neighbor's bedroom window to, umm, check out plants. Now that's a nice pear.

Back