What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For 20lbs. of.....

so i got up about 6am today and my dad and i went to downey/bellgardens to get some 20lbs of what we call 'maza' in spanish for tamales. yup thats what were gonna make today!
smile_n_32.gif

as we go to that place we noticed a line that went halfway around the mexican super market some quarter way around the parking lot and infront of a strip of strip mall. my dad had to get to work so we ended up leaving. i came back again and the line seemd to shorten some 30 people. that line was for the 'maza' only! it took about 2hrs
mad.gif
to get to the entrace. then another line of about 20 min. then finally! for 20lbs of the main ingredient i got it. while i was in line i saw people get about 100lbs of this stuff. man!
so my mom is making them as i speak! cant wait till about 40 hrs for them to be done!
smile_l_32.gif

I love tamales. I first tried them in Oaxaca so I was fortunate enough to enjoy the real deal... By golly I miss REAL Mexican food.

Cheers
Amori

I've always wanted to try tamales, but as of yet haven't gotten the opportunity. Meh, I'm sure I'll get to, I live in California afterall... Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy them, I'm sure they'll be worth the wait!

Is the maza people are lining up for different from the masa that's sold in 5 lb bags for making tortillas?

I'm not to clear on what a tamale is, does it include Jalapeno peppers? If it does, I'll LOVE it, I LOVE hot peppers, anything spicy I will eat.

Back