What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flys

i live in southern california and mostly wherever i go most people are having a big fly problem , there getting very annoying and swatting them and believing that there dead already ain't gonna do much cause they keep coming . cp's are not very good pest contollers , as mentioned in a few books and articles . any bosy got any tips to this annopying problem , yesterday i had a sleepless night with a fly buzzing its wings all over the place and it took me about 30 minutes to find it and finally swat it , then it either came back to life or one of its friends came over and started annoying me again . at my house when i open the winodw , a big cloud of flies come outand start flying every where , at my grandpas , he keeps swatting them but they keep coming back , its very annyoing . anybody know a good efficient way to prevent them from coming , i've read post about how to attract them ( crap ) but i got one problem that won't go away , swatters are tirless , zappers are'nt working , sprays make people noxious , and ignoring them is hopless . i remeber there was a post here that showed a small toy type of flytrap , a fly would fly in this toy , machine shaped like a plastic venus flytrap , then the toy would close and start swatting the fly around , i'd like to get one of those for my grandparent , they can't take care of cps and cps won't do much but it'll help a bit .

It seems it never rains in Southern California. By the way this is a song.

"so maybe I could be a fly, and feed arachnid as I die"

also a song.

How about window screens and doors?
tounge.gif

Steve

You could get one of those sticky tapes that hang from the ceiling. They do a good job catching flying insects like flys but they are just ugly to have around.
confused.gif

Travis

of coarse i have doors , windows and screening
tounge.gif
, there nothing wrong with them but the flys still appear from no where , i think there coming from outside . my grandpas says he does'nt want to deal with any chemical related things so i'm trying to look for that mechanical toy fvenus flytrap that kills the flys .

How about a cat? My cat is quite an excellent fly catcher. Its hillarious to watch her chase them down. Just be careful not to let them actually eat the fly.. I've heard that they get worms that way.

Steve

I agree with Travis.  The sticky tapes are gross but they do work.  I have to use them sometimes.  I don't like sprays as the chemical lands on everything and usually doesn't kill much.  Swatting is only good for a fly or two.  The tapes get flies, fruit flies and gnats and sometimes mosquitos.  They can be covered in icky flying things.

Suzanne

Back