What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fluorescents

I will be getting a grow light soon and I was wondering how far I should place my pot of Drosera adelae from the grow light.

I would recommend no less than 12 inches from the bottom of the pot, as a general rule of thumb. This plant, apparantly, can withstand low and high light levels--being more green or more red respectively.

When I had mine in the 10 gal with my N. ventricosa and P. primuliflora, they were only a few inches from the fluorescent, and they did great..

What kind of grow light? A regular full-spectrum tube fluorescent bulb from the housewares department of WalMart is what I use with mine (same plants as above), which are now in a 29 gal, and it works great.

D. adelae can thrive a bit further from these lights than many drosera, but there's no harm in getting them REAL close to the lights, like a couple inches even.

Capslock

Back