What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fluorescent choice

Bulb one- 2250 lumens, 5000k, 90 cri
Bulb two- 3050 luments, 6500k, 75 cri

Would you use two bulbs of one type (which one) in a fixture or one of each?  Go with more lumens or higher cri?
So many choices.....what do you think would work best?

if i were to buy them, i'd choose lamp number 2

If your only using 1 light I'd go with 2. If your using 2 lights I'd make both 2. But if you use three lights go one of 1 and two of 2. Wow that was confusing
cheers,
Z

Bulb one is the GE Sunshine 40.
Bulb two is the GE Daylight 40

I thought going with one of each in a two light fixture would be good.  

I do find it interesting how GE does not put all this same light information on their "Plant and Aquirium" Bulb.  Maybe it does not have good numbers so they don't post them on the package?

The figures on the plant and aquarium bulb would make the bulb look horrible by comparison. The reason is that measurements most people are familiar with are based on human perception not plant perception.

Bulb 2 is far better than 1 for a couple reasons.
1. It has more lumen output = more radiation for the same electricity burned
2. The color is more towards the blue spectrum so more of the lumens are in the blue range which is better for the plants growth.

Tony

Back