What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.flower

• Thread starter fre8train
  • Start date

fre8train

BANNED
How do I know when the seedpods are done?  All the flowerheads are all turning black, within the last few days.  I opened one and I think I stoped its development.

When ripe, the seed pods and the thin covering over it turns black. Soon the covering will split and you can see the small black seeds. If you "opened one" and see black seeds, they are ready. It is best to wait a few days longer than you did, but the seeds are probably viable, if they are black and shiny.

almost all the flowerheads have turned black now and there is no seed in any of them. should they be dry and crispy or should they be soft like they are still wet. thanks so much

I think Ill wait for it.
great picture

Thanks so much for the advice everybody. I can finnaly see the shiney seeds starting to poke through the dead flower kernel. I think I am going to wait untill they look like the seeds in the link above. Those look more ripe bursting out from the dead flower waiting to drop to the lush conditions below. But Ive also heard the sooner you plant them the faster they will grow givin they never had to form a hard seed, which has to unpetrify itself from the hard little seed instead of a ripe soft seed just developed. I dont know

Back