What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower stalk in seedlings this young? (D. intermedia)

This is happening in the 2 largest seedlings, and it seems to be a flower stalk coming up. Is this normal to happen in 3 month old seedlings? These days have been quite hot, don't if this help to explain.

dsc09471640x480oa4.jpg

dsc09486640x480rj1.jpg

Beats me. My 3-4 month old Drosera spatulata seedlings flowered too. I guess I should take some more pictures.

I just noticed one of my Sarracenia leucophylla is putting up another flower stalk even though it flowered in March/April.

???

1 Aug 2007 (gray object on 1 o'clock leaf is a fungus gnat):
P8010090.jpg

my intermedia bloomed early this year too....they germinated just at the end of June.... no harm done so far. the smallest that bloomed was about a half inch across and had a single lone flower on it. the biggest now has several stalks, with many blooms, and many fat seed pods :)
Alex

maybe it's the leucophyla's screwing everything up!

my leucophyla flowered twice this year too (march/august), and the venusta's in it's pots (~ 3 months old) all flowered!

no harm done-but it was kinda wierd!

wouldn't it be nice if neps flowered so easily...

Update

Both of them produced seed!

intermediaseeds800x650by1.jpg

And another surprise, one of them is producing another flower stalk :0o:

intermedia800x668az7.jpg

Crazy seedlings :jester:

Could it just be D. intermedia "Cuba"? Aren't they smaller?

-Ben

Back