What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower barrage!

These are all drosera spatulata flowers! notice how foggy it is in my greenhouse
biggrin.gif

barrage_Dspatulata_flowers.jpg

get some outdoor photos of your greenhouse

Ahhh, you have the white flowered form of D. spatulata which indicates the plant originated from the Queensland area of Australia or New Zealand. Congrats on flowering your plants!

Oh, and here is how I get my spatulatas to flower: one day i put them in cool weather, the next I put the plant in hot weather, that day was a little over 100 degrees I think, and the water was warm too. well thats my secret
alien.gif

Nice pics! Do you have a way to get them to STOP flowering?? Heres a pic I got of one of mine:
82918631ybwUrb_ph.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ July 27 2003,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, and here is how I get my spatulatas to flower: one day i put them in cool weather, the next I put the plant in hot weather, that day was a little over 100 degrees I think, and the water was warm too. well thats my secret  
alien.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I did that, but mine died... granted, I suck with sundew so that may have something to do with it, lol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have a way to get them to STOP flowering?? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Scissors....
tounge.gif

i think why specs drosera are flowering like this is because the dews dont want to die and they want to live on so they setup flower for it to seeds

Back