What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida panhandle

Hey all over the holidays (Turkey day weekend) i will be up in the panhandle of Florida. does anyone from here live near Milton,Fl.
i know of one cp sight but would like to check out a couple others. i will only have maybe 2 days to do this. anyone know of any? i plan on checking out pitcher plant prairie if i can find it.

ok all i'm leaving in 20 min. for the florida panhandle. you all have a good thanksgiving and when i get back i will share some pictures of what i have seen as far as carnivorous plants.

Hey all well i finally made it up to my brothers house after a nights stay in a hotel and 6 more hrs. of driving. tomorrow i will be checking out some cp sight of Sarr. i won't be able to post any pics here. hope your turkey day is going good.

Well my brother invited the family to eat on base at the chow all and have a navy Thanksgiving. the food was as i remembered it when i was in the military.
after dinner we stopped on base where there was a nature trail with a bog it was like an 1 1/2 hr walk trail. first time i have been on this trail on a visit here. well as soon as we got to the bog there was some mature Sarr's growing with dryed up flowers w/ seed. i took about 5 pics of this bog.
tommorrow i will check out a diff. one

well today i just went over to Tarkiln Bayou. didn't get to see much on Sarr. due to all the rain that has fallen latly around here. sights #1,2,3 where some what mushy and i really wasn't in the mood to walk around mushy foot the rest of the day but i did find a #4 sight that had about 15 + S. Luea. growing none of them had any seeds but there was only one that a flower coming from it and it was still ripe as can be. so guess on the next trip up here. i'll check out the other sights.
tommorrow i leave back for home and bring w/ me the tresures of what i have found and download them when i get back home.

well got everything all packed up and leaving to head back home in 20-30 min. all the wild cp that i ran into thanks and see you all the next time i'm back up here.

well after an 8 hr drive. i'm back at home. i will upload the pics as soon as my dad pulls them off his digital camera. i didn't take ant pictures with my digital so i guess i have to wait some too. i will post the pictures in the Sarr. forum and close this post out. due to the end of the trip.

Back